Magewell’s feature-rich yet cost-effective Pro Capture 4K PCI Express capture cards deliver outstanding performance, quality and reliability for bringing Ultra HD video and audio signals into all popular software for applications including live streaming, encoding, collaboration, videoconferencing, gaming, virtual reality (VR) production, medical imaging and archiving.
The Pro Capture Dual SDI 4K Plus captures two channels of 4K video at up to 60 frames per second over single-link 12G-SDI, dual-link 6G-SDI or quad-link 3G-SDI connectivity, with independent control of capture resolution, frame rate and video processing settings for each input. Single-link, 12Gb/s SDI provides an elegant solution for professional 4K transport, but a very high proportion of existing equipment still requires quad-link or dual-link connectivity. With support for all three methods, the dual-channel Pro Capture Dual SDI 4K Plus card offers compatibility with both the latest and earlier 4K architectures and systems. (See “Related Products” for additional models with different input connectivity).
Input video can be fed to multiple software applications simultaneously, with independent control of resolution, frame rate and processing. FPGA-based video processing provides high-quality up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, color space conversion, graphic overlay and more without taking host system CPU cycles away from third-party software -- particularly significant because of the quadrupled processing requirements of 4K video compared to HD, and doubly beneficial when processing two 4K sources at once.
- Simultaneously captures two channels of 4K video at 60 frames per second over single-link 12G-SDI, dual-link 6G-SDI or quad-link 3G-SDI connectivity
- Supports video resolutions up to 4096x2160, including the 3840x2160 Ultra HD television standard
- Input video can be routed to multiple software applications simultaneously, with independent control of resolution, frame rate and processing
- 10-bit, zero-CPU, FPGA-based video processing including up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, video adjustments, graphic overlay and more
- Automatic input signal and format detection
- PCIe 2.0 x8 host interface
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and popular APIs including DirectShow and V4L2
- Comprehensive SDK for custom third-party development