The HZ2-KPEX is a Horizon® 2 keypad that provides infiNET EX® wireless network control of lighting, shading, audio, and other amenities throughout a home. Its design matches the entire line of Horizon dimmers, switches, and keypads, making it a great addition to new or retrofit installations.
Default engraving on a five pushbutton button assembly (Style 1) is provided with the HZ-KPEX-A, HZ-KPEX-W, and HZ-KPEX-B. The default engraving includes a simple dot to provide feedback and indicate where the button can be pressed.
Supporting up to five buttons in six available button configurations, the HZ-KPEX is configurable for a variety of applications. Because the device is attached to the Crestron® network, it can function as a keypad to trigger remote actions.
Custom laser-etched engraving is used to identify the functionality of each button on the button assembly. When a custom engraved model is ordered, the engraved button assembly is installed on the device before it is shipped. Create engraving files using Impress, the Crestron Home Setup app, the Crestron Home Online Configurator, or D3Pro.
Button assemblies without engravings (BLANK models) are available separately and can be used as-is or custom engraved by a third-party engraver.
Multicolor Backlit Buttons
The engraved buttons are illuminated using the device's RGB LED backlights. Each button can be assigned custom color backlighting. The LED backlight provides feedback by changing the intensity, changing the color, or flashing to show that an action is being performed.
Local color theme sets the colors for all buttons on the device. In addition to the local color theme, each button can be assigned an alternate color theme. Thirteen local color themes are available that include Tunable White (default is Warm White), Neutral White, Cool White, and a variety of common colors. The local color theme and alternate color themes can be changed programmatically.
Multigang Expansion with Horizon 2 Faceplates
Install up to four Horizon® 2 devices side-by-side in a US multigang electrical box with a compatible HZ2-FP-G series faceplate. When multiple devices are installed in a 2-, 3-, or 4-gang faceplate, the buttons on the devices are aligned to form one continuous control surface.
Field-Replaceable Button Trees
The field-replaceable button assemblies allow for changes in device function or to allow the customer to use the system before finalizing the engravings. The button assembly can be replaced with any of the six HZ2-BTNS button assembly configurations and are available with custom engraving (ENGRAVED models) or no engraving (BLANK models).
- Can act as a multiway controller for a connected dimmer or switch using a traveler wire in a traditional three- or four-way circuit (HZ2-DIMEX, HZ2-DIMUEX, and HZ2-SWEX, all sold separately)
- Capable of being powered by either 120 VAC line voltage or 60 VDC low voltage (sold separately)
- Line based multiway control for reliability across all load types
- 1- to 4-gang U.S. wall box installation
- Mount up to four Horizon® 2 devices with Horizon 2 multi-gang faceplates (HZ2-FP-G series, sold separately)
- Robust infiNET EX® wireless communication
- Preinstalled 5 single button assembly (Style 1) with Default Engraving or can be configured with six different button assemblies with Custom Engraving
- Multicolor RGB LEDs provide backlighting for engraved buttons - a different color can be set for each button, including white
- White LED backlighting is available and can be set between 2000K and 8000K
- Replacement button assemblies available in six styles to accommodate changes in device function or updated engravings
- Blank button assemblies can be engraved by a third-party
- Ambient light sensor for auto-dimming day and night backlight modes
- Fully programmable via a Crestron control system
- Local button functionality for load control without programming
- Requires neutral wire connection
- Crestron Home® OS compatible
- Available in white, almond, and black