The HZ2-DIMUEX is a Horizon® 2 in-wall universal phase dimmer that provides infiNET EX® wireless network control of LED, incandescent, magnetic low voltage, and electronic low voltage loads. It has the ability to adjust minimum and maximum light levels and to set the dimming curve to be linear, logarithmic, or use a custom curve. Its design matches the entire line of Horizon 2 dimmers, switches, and keypads, making it a great addition to new or retrofit installations.
Default engraving on a rocker button assembly (Style 6) is provided with the HZ2-DIMUEX-A, HZ2-DIMUEX-W, and HZ2-DIMUEX-B. The default engraving includes a simple dot to provide feedback and indicate where the button can be pressed.
NOTE: Faceplates are not included. Refer to the HZ2-FP-G series faceplates for more information.
Universal Phase Dimming
The HZ2-DIMUEX features auto-load detection to automatically select the appropriate dimming method for the attached load. Auto-load detection allows for broad load type compatibility even if the load type is changed in the future.
Supporting up to five buttons in six available button configurations, the HZ2-DIMUEX is configurable for a variety of applications. Because the device is attached to the Crestron® network, it can function as a keypad to trigger remote actions.
Custom laser-etched engraving is used to identify the functionality of each button on the button assembly. When a custom engraved model is ordered, the engraved button assembly is installed on the device before it is shipped. Create engraving files using Impress, the Crestron Home Setup app, the Crestron Home Online Configurator, or D3Pro.
If the engraving or button assembly has not been finalized before an order is placed, default engravings can be replaced with custom engravings by sending an engraving file firstname.lastname@example.org before the order ships. If the updated engraving order maintains the same product types and quantities as the original order, it will be processed in the order that it was originally received.
To order replacement engravings, refer to the HZ2-BTNS ENGRAVED button assembly product page.
- Universal dimming - reverse phase and forward phase - with auto load detection
- Over current protection
- Supports multiway controllers that provide control using a traveler wire in a traditional three- or four-way circuit (HZ2-AUX and HZ2-KPEX, sold separately)
- 1- to 4-gang U.S. wall box installation using Horizon® 2 multi-gang faceplates (HZ2-FP-G series, sold separately)
- Robust infiNET EX® wireless communication
- Preinstalled large rocker button assembly (Style 6) with Default Engraving
- Multicolor RGB LEDs provide backlighting for engraved buttons - a different color can be set for each button, including white
- White LED backlighting is available and can be dynamically set anywhere between 2000K and 8000K
- Replacement button assemblies available in six styles to accommodate changes in device function or engravings
- Blank button assemblies available for engraving by a third-party
- Ambient light sensor for auto-dimming with separate day and night backlight modes
- Fully programmable via a Crestron control system
- Local button functionality for load control without programming
- Requires neutral wire connection
- Crestron Home® OS compatible
- Available in white, almond, and black