The Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge (CAEN-BLOCK-CENCN-2-POE) mounts at the bottom of a CAEN, CAEN-MLO, or CAENIB enclosure to provide a high-speed Ethernet interface between the enclosure and one or more outboard control systems. It includes Cresnet and Override connectivity for the CLX series lighting control modules within the enclosure, and adds a separate isolated Cresnet subnet for outboard Cresnet keypads, thermostats, sensors, and other Cresnet devices. It also allows those Cresnet devices to be powered using a PoE, PoE+, or 24VDC power source.
The Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge works with any Crestron 3-Series Control System® to maximize the reliability and robustness of the Cresnet network. It provides a more sophisticated solution than a Cresnet block or hub. In addition to enabling the distribution of Cresnet data over Ethernet, it also provides two isolated Cresnet subnets, one for lighting modules and one for all other Cresnet devices. Each subnet features sophisticated diagnostics and fault protection to maximize reliability and ease troubleshooting.
Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge
For any Crestron lighting system having multiple CAEN enclosures, Ethernet offers an ideal, standards-based solution for networking them all together with a control system. The increased bandwidth afforded by Ethernet reduces latency for overall improved speed and performance. And, by leveraging existing LAN infrastructure in a home or other facility, wiring distances can be extended easily while potentially reducing the overall wiring requirements. Multiple Ethernet to Cresnet Bridges can be deployed on a single control system, and they can even be addressed by more than one control system, affording incredible flexibility in system design and functionality.
Dual Cresnet Subnets
The CAEN-BLOCK-CENCN-2-POE provides two isolated subnets, one for lighting modules (NET A) and one for all other Cresnet devices (NET B). Each subnet behaves as a Cresnet master with its own unique address space. A maximum of 20 Cresnet devices is supported per subnet. NET B furnishes four Cresnet connectors for the termination of Cresnet wiring.
- Adds an Ethernet interface to a CAEN, CAEN-MLO, or CAENIB automation enclosure
- Maximizes Cresnet® network reliability and performance
- Designed for use with any Crestron® 3-Series Control System®
- Enables Cresnet data communications over high-speed Ethernet
- Provides two isolated Cresnet subnets, one for lighting control modules and one for outboard devices
- Includes override signal connectivity for CLX series lighting control modules
- Supports 20 Cresnet devices per subnet
- Supports 3000 feet (914 m) aggregate cable length per subnet
- Powerable via PoE, PoE+, or Cresnet
- Includes intelligent power management for each subnet
- Features built-in network diagnostics tools
- Allows testing of network wiring, power, and communications
- Allows detailed error analysis via software or web browser
- Allows real-time reporting of errors via the control system
- Allows logging of Cresnet activity and errors over time